Welcome to The Carnegie Herald

Serving the Community Since 1903, and founded in the horse and buggy days, The Carnegie Herald is Carnegie's oldest privately-owned business still in existence today.

The first issue of the Carnegie Herald came off a chain drive press in May 1903, four years before statehood when Carnegie was becoming a thriving trading post on the banks of the Washita River in western Oklahoma.

The Herald celebrated its 100th anniversary in 2003 and has had 10 owners during its century of covering news in the heart of the southwest.

Today the newspaper is owned by Publishers Donald and Lori Cooper who purchased the business in June, 1991.

Classified Advertising   Display Advertising

Deadlines  Contact Us  Fax Service

Where to Buy

Carnegie

In addition to the newspaper office at 14 W. Main, the Herald is available in Carnegie at:

Super Quick Stop

Hop N Sack Convenience Store

Town East Convenience Store

Carnegie Travel Stop

Super C Mart

Liberty Drug

 

Fort Cobb

T-Birds

The Mustang Stop

Ratliff's Grocery

 

Mountain View

E-Z Out

Hop N Sack Convenience Store

Mountain View News